Flipboard for Android grabbed its largest update in some time today, bringing a fresh new design to the personal magazine, as well as over 30,000 new topics to follow, the option to follow others, and what the Flipboard team is calling a "Daily Edition."
The new redesign definitely looks fresh and clean, and the Flipboard crew seems pretty impressed with their handiwork, saying in a blog post:
We're rolling out an all-new design for the phone, where Flipboard has been re-imagined to be more magazine-like and elegant. Open Flipboard, and you'll be immediately immersed in a highly-visual and up-to-the-minute stream of articles, photos and more based on your areas of interest. There are airy full-screen covers, fresh typography and a new navigational bar that lets you quickly access your home feed, your tiles, search, notifications and your profile.
As pretty as this new version is, however, one of the cooler features is the inclusion of a "Daily Edition," a feed specifically curated by the Flipboard team every day that includes a roundup of headlines in a wide variety of topics.
You can check out the full change log below:
- Over 30,000 new topics to follow, powered by best stories across publishers and 10 million+ Flipboard magazines.
- Start your day with The Daily Edition, with articles selected by our team at 7 a.m.
- Follow people to stay up-to-date on what they're collecting into their magazines.
- New design, everywhere. On phones only:
- New top tab bar to quickly navigate between your Flipboard, everything you're following, search, notifications and your profile.
Have you guys gotten your hands on the update yet? Let us know what you think of it in the comments.