I get to have some fun this week and take a look at the HTC RE camera alongside the base model GoPro Hero, which I'd never used before now. The differences in the mini cameras are readily apparent — much more so than I appreciated when the RE debuted last fall. I think a lot of choosing one over the other is going to be a matter of intent. What are going looking to do, and how serious are you about doing it? (And, also, how much work do you want to do to be able to share the end result?)
Best part of this is going to be spending even more time in the pool with my monkeys. And then wrestling one or both of the cameras away from them. (This also explains last week's image.)
So in the spirit of getting away from the computer for a bit (this is still a holiday weekend), let's keep things brief this week.
- A brilliant column today from Andy Marlette on the art of Southern Rebellion.
- My nearly 5-year-old daughter is a little obsessed with zombies. And now also with this song after we randomly heard it on the radio this week.
- Google Play Music radio station of the week: Leon Bridges. Give it (and him) a shot.
- Agree that iTunes needs to be taken out to the woodshed.
- We should get new Android Platform Version numbers this week. Lollipop was at 12.4 percent going into June. I'm gonna guess no more than 17 percent.
- I'm enjoying the new True Detective. Part of that, I think, is that I've ignored any and all reviews of it. I want to watch this one for myself.
- Pretty stoked to see the Android photography hashtag thing working. There's also a subreddit going, which is most excellent.
That's it for this holiday weekend. See ya'll on Monday.