The Casio G’zOne Commando hasn't been forgotten by Verizon, and should be seeing a software update shortly to address some bugs and patch up a bit on the security side. There's no mention of a version update, so we're pretty sure it will still be on Gingerbread, but bug fixes and the like are always welcome. The change log reads as such --
- Speakerphone successfully turns off after a Push to Talk call is completed.
- Improved device stability decreases power cycles during a Push to Talk call.
- Mobile IM application has been removed from the device.
- Desk Cradle application has been updated with the latest bug fixes.
- Android partner security bulletin has been applied to the device.
The new security patch is a great thing, and the removal of the Mobile IM app probably is, too. When nobody uses your "value-added" apps, it's time to strip them out. No word on when to expect this one, but if you're rocking the Mil-Spec G’zOne ( I love typing that name) be on the lookout. Hey Verizon -- Rezound next, please?
Source: Verizon (pdf)