The Apple Music beta app has been updated with a very Android feature: its own widget. After the latest update, you can now control pause, play and skip tracks right from your home screen via the new widget. Apple has also included a heart icon, allowing you to quickly like any track that pops up.
Of course, there are a few other notable tweaks in the latest update, including the ability to redeem gift cards and more. Here's the full breakdown:
- Now you can add songs from the Apple Music catalog to playlists without having to add it to your library. You can also:
- Control playback with a widget you can add to your home screen
- Redeem gift cards in Settings to renew your membership using iTunes credit
- See what's playing on Beats 1 directly from the Radio tab — without having to tune in
- Tap the name of the currently playing song in Now Playing to go to the album
- See which songs are most popular on albums in the Apple Music catalog
If you want to give Apple Music on Android a spin, you can grab the app from the Google Play badge above. New users can also give the service a shot with a 3-month free trial.