Motorola Connect is a support app for users of the Moto 360, the Motorola Power Pack Micro, Motorola Keylink, and several Motorola phones. This app serves two primary functions: provide data on accessories, such as the charge of your Power Pack, and as a support app allowing you to text from a computer with the Motorola Connect web app installed.
When using Motorola Connect with a compatible phone — currently the Moto X, Droid Turbo, and Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini line — and the web app of the same name, you can see phone notifications on your computer, as well as send and receive text messages. This can be handy if you're leaving your phone on silent while working on the computer at work or at home. Another perk of the Motorola Connect web app is that if you misplace your phone, Motorola Connect can ring the phone to help you find it.
The accessory side of Motorola Connect allows you to see the charge on the Power Pack Micro, and allows you to ring your Power Pack Micro or Keylink should you misplace them. When using the Moto 360, Connect allows you to see the last reported charge and location, as well as update any of the included Moto watchfaces and your Moto Body wellness profile. The Moto 360 device page in Motorola Connect also gives you quick links to the Android Wear app and helpful support pages to help you figure out your new smartwatch. You can also rename the device's nickname in Motorola Connect or remove the device altogether.
Motorola Connect was a Motorola-only app at its inception, making it difficult for Moto 360 users who were using other Android smartphones to take advantage of some Moto 360 features, but it quickly opened up to most smartphones and tablets. You probably won't be heading into here as often as you once needed to, but this is an app any 360 user and most Moto users should take advantage of. Preferably before someone decides to hide their Moto X in some dusty corner of the newsroom.
In the Forums
- Anyone receive the new Moto 360 yet? 54 replies | Last reply 1 month ago
- What's your average battery life on the OG Moto 360? 13 replies | Last reply 1 week ago
- Worth it to get the OG Moto 360 now? 11 replies | Last reply 1 week ago
- Moto 360 - update 64 replies | Last reply 2 months ago
- Moto 360: Android 5.1.1 Update 104 replies | Last reply 5 months ago
- Should I unpair my Moto 360 when using my Pebble Time? 7 replies | Last reply 10 hours ago
- Why isn't my Moto 360 notifying me when I get text messages? 32 replies | Last reply 2 days ago
- Solution for Moto 360/Google Play Services problem 24 replies | Last reply 3 days ago
- Delayed and stuck phone call notifications. 6 replies | Last reply 6 days ago
- Share Your Watchface (Pics) 129 replies | Last reply 6 days ago