Acer's latest entry into the mid-sized market is the Iconia 8 (B1-820). It's got an 8-inch IPS display (1280x800), comes in either 16- or 32-gigabyte configurations, weighs 335 grams and is 9.5 mm thin.
The Iconia 8 is powered by an Intel Atom processor and is pushing Android 5.0. It'll be available in the U.S. in July for $149 and in this month in Europe starting at €179.
Acer Introduces New Iconia One 8 Tablet with Advanced Touch Capabilities
- The new Iconia One 8 B1-820 features Acer Precision Plus technology for a highly accurate touch and writing experience.
- The screen's enhanced accuracy makes it ideal for writing and sketching with the optional Acer Accurate Stylus or a fine tip 2mm pencil.
- A tartan pattern cover in ten eye-catching colors provides a fun way for customers to express their unique style.
- The Acer Iconia Suite of touch tools simplifies tasks with simple gestures and quick access icons.
- Intel® Atom™ quad core processor and Android 5.0 (Lollipop) makes it powerful enough for productivity tasks and casual gaming.
- An 8-inch HD display with Zero Air Gap and IPS technology brings out all details and colors from wide viewing angles.
NEW YORK (April 23, 2015) Acer today announced the addition of leading touch capabilities to its line of Iconia One 8 tablets with the new Iconia One 8 B1-820. Featuring Acer Precision Plus technology, it offers a highly accurate touch and writing experience. The screen's enhanced accuracy makes it ideal for writing and sketching with the optional Acer Accurate Stylus, while the Acer Iconia Suite of touch tools simplifies tasks with touch gestures and quick access icons.
In addition to its bright, crystal-clear 8-inch HD display (1280 x 800) with Zero Air Gap and IPS technology, it includes a powerful Intel® Atom™ quad core processor, 16GB or 32GB of storage and the latest version of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), making it powerful enough for productivity tasks, watching videos and gaming(1).
Weighing just 355 grams (12.5 ounces) and 9.5 mm thin, the Iconia One 8 is available in 10 eye- catching colors. A textured tartan crisscross pattern on the back provides a sophisticated cloth-like aesthetic and tactile feel for a secure grip.
Leading Technology and the Acer Accurate Stylus makes Writing and Drawing Effortless
Acer Precision Plus technology incorporates touch sensors that are smaller and more precise than the industry standard. With a higher density of touch sensors, fingertips and writing implements have greater accuracy and therefore make fewer mistakes. Ideal for sketching or writing, the B1-820 can be used with the optional Acer Accurate Stylus or any 2mm fine tip writing implement such as a graphite pencil.
Acer Iconia Suite of Touch Applications Simplify Tasks
Iconia Suite is a set of creative tools that provide intuitive ways to simplify tasks with touch gestures and quick access icons. Whether it's taking notes, calling up handy gadgets or multitasking, Iconia Suite is designed for simplicity and efficiency:
- EZ Note – A simple way for creating and organizing meeting minutes, class notes or sketching out ideas. Notes can be created with handwriting, typing, an audio recording, a photo or screenshot. Four types of strokes can be used to simulate the experience of using a real pen, and an unlimited number of books and pages can be created(2). Bookmarks make it easy to find notes intuitively, including audio recordings.
- EZ WakeUp – With just one-touch and a double tap, the tablet awakes (3) and loads a pre-selected app of choice.
- EZ Snap – Makes it easy to take a screenshot with a simple three-finger pinch. Images can be easily edited and shared.
- EZ Gadget – Makes multi-tasking a snap by providing a single pop-up window that includes a Calendar, Browser, Calculator and Text Memo.
- System Doctor – An easy way to free up and manage system memory and storage to eliminate lag and increase capacity for more photos or apps.
Customizable Reading Mode Reduces Digital Eye Strain
To help minimize eye fatigue, the tablet's Reading Mode provides a quick way to reduce the amount of blue-light being emitted from the tablet's screen and making it easier on the eyes. Activation is quick and easy; swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to access the Quick Settings; tap on the book icon to enable Reading Mode.
Android 5.0 Improves Performance and Battery Life
The Iconia One 8 B1-820 offers up to 8.5 hours of battery life(4), for all day use. In addition, the enhanced user interface includes a more responsive and colorful design with realistic lighting and shadows while still retaining familiar visual elements. An improved Notification System provides new ways to control when and how messages are received.
Wide Angle Camera
The new Iconia One 8 includes a .3MP front camera and a 5MP rear camera; the rear camera also supports 88 degree wide angle captures, allowing more people and/or scenery to be included in shots.
The new Iconia One 8 was unveiled today at the next@acer press event at 4 World Trade Center in New York, where the company announced its latest devices and solutions for families, students and professionals. For more information, visit acer.com/nextatacer.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer Iconia One 8 will be available in North America in July with prices starting at US$149, and in EMEA in April with prices starting at €179. Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via www.acer.com.
1) Specifications vary depending on model. 2) Unlimited number of books and pages can be created when used with Acer tablet. 3) If the B1-820 is locked using facial lock, a pattern, PIN or password, it will need to be unlocked after waking it up, then the assigned application will open automatically. 4) Actual battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.